2 August 2014

Session 9

Friday 1st August 2014
3 Hours

Monju Bosatsu with foo dog outline Japanese back piece tattoo by Diego Azaldegui





It hadn't really dawned on me until this session how close to completion my back is now. I only realised just how little was left to do when Diego started saying one more session would finish it off including any touch ups! 

This was kind of exciting and a little heartbreaking all at the same time. Obviously I want to get it all done to see the finished product and start living with it completed, but part of me feels like I'm going to miss seeing the progression of such a large piece. It seems like I only started this project 5 minutes ago, and it's almost over now. 

I think that might be the difference between people who want tattoos, and people who are genuinely passionate about tattooing. I put myself in the second category as I love the process and the environment of tattooing as much as the finished tattoo. And that's what I'll miss when this is finally complete. I'd love nothing more than to be able to just hang around a studio all day talking tattoos and seeing work progress.

Anyway, enough of my wistfulness for tattooing, here's some progress pics. 


Monju Bosatsu with foo dog outline Japanese back piece tattoo by Diego Azaldegui





Monju Bosatsu with foo dog outline Japanese back piece tattoo by Diego Azaldegui

No comments:

Post a Comment