21 May 2012

4th Session

8th May 2012
3 Hours


Diego Azaldegui Japanese Tattoo




So today was the day to finally get some colour in. This felt sort of strange as I'm so used to seeing just black, so I was nervously excited to see the results. I knew I wanted red for this flower but Diego also suggested using a second colour on the inside of the petals so I thought why not! 

One thing I've learnt over these few months of getting tattooed, is to let go and trust Diego and know that he'll do it really nicely, rather than try to dictate how I think it should be done. Before starting to get tattooed I had spent so long looking at reference images and trying to piece together the perfect tattoo like a jigsaw, that I imagined choosing every little detail of the tattoo myself. So it was really nice to get things rolling with an artist and build confidence and trust with that person, and just let that person develop things naturally in their own style.

He also finished most of the koi. Hopefully there will be some yellow highlights going on the koi, but we'll wait until all the flowers are coloured and see if it needs it. So far I'm really happy with the results. Hopefully we should be able to get this finished in the next session.

Anyway, just a couple of quick snap shot of the results are above. Better pics, as always, will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment