2 July 2012

5th Session

8th June 2012
2 Hours
Diego Azaldegui Japanese koi tattoo sleeve


Today's session was a short one, under two hours. All that was left to do was the two small chrysanthemums, the two leaves and the yellow highlights on the koi. I decided I would have the two remaining chrysanthemums the same colour so I didn't have too many different colours in the piece. We went for a really nice light blue colour for the flowers. The blue is actually 3 different shades blended together and looks great. 

As usual, the area around the head of the koi was pretty painful, but there wasn't much to do there as it was just the yellow highlights left to do. The colour seemed to be going in really easily and quickly and the whole session went very fast. 

And that was that, before I knew it it was all finished. I got up to look at the finished piece in the mirror and I thought it looked great. I'm really happy with the end result. It really works with the contours of my arm and I love it! It's been worth all the pain, scabby and flaky skin, bleeding and rubbing in of cream to end up with a really beautiful Japanese piece by a really great artist. 

I'll get some final photo's taken soon to properly show off the tattoo once it's all fully healed. I'm going to get my other arm tattooed by Diego starting at the end of July so I'll continue this blog and document the progress of that.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the added instagram feed sweety, that yakuza finger still freaks me out. Cant wait to see your next arm get started.

    ReplyDelete