12 November 2012

2nd Session on my Shishi Sleeve

Thursday 11th October 2012
3 Hours



The first part of this session was finishing the remainder of the outlines. There wasn't much to do, just one more peony and some water around it. I've realised that generally I find the outlining much more painful that shading. Outlining feels like being cut with a very fine razor blade, whereas shading is more of a dull pain. This combined with having to sit in an awkward position to finish the outlining meant that I was very happy when after about 20 minutes Diego said we were done and could move onto the shading.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason the remainder of the session seemed to go extremely quickly and the pain really wasn't bothering me at all. Even whilst having the inside of the elbow shaded which I remember being quite painful on my first sleeve. It may have been partly down to spending the whole session talking tattoos with Diego and just generally having a really great conversation to take my mind off it, or it might have just been that we were concentrating on areas that were less sensitive, who knows. I'm sure when we get the collar bone area I won't be saying that though!

I really do enjoy these moments and love listening to Diego's views on various tattoo related things. I think I'll miss that more than anything when I'm done getting tattooed. That and just generally being in the tattoo environment. I can now fully understand why people get addicted to being tattooed. It's not so much the process of being tattooed, it's everything else that goes along with it. The environment, the conversations and that one on one connection you only get with a great tattoo artist, that's what I'll miss more than anything.

Anyway, onto the pictures!



Rocks and water shading

Close up of the shading around a peony

Foo dog and peony tattoo


No comments:

Post a Comment