13 February 2013

4th Session on my Shishi Sleeve

Tuesday 4th December 2012
3 hours

Foo dog and peony Japanese tattoo sleeve by Diego Azaldegui


This session we concentrated on putting colour into the Shishi. I was pretty sure I wanted a dark blue sort of colour for the body as I'd found some really nice reference images using this colour on the animal. After talking with Diego about this we decided on a beautiful looking turquoise blue colour. I was really happy with this colour and was raring to go.

This day was a particularly cold day, and even though the heating was on full blast, due to it being a morning session the room wasn't yet very warm. This coupled with the fact I had to sit there topless meant that I was feeling a bit chilly! I soon realised that getting tattooed when the temperature is less than ideal makes you tense up more, which means it hurts more. I was very much feeling like I was paying back some tattoo karma from the previous two relatively painless sessions. Maybe it was also some of the spots Diego was hitting, especially the part near the collar bone that was making it hurt more as I know from previous experience some areas certainly hurt more than others.

Anyway, we got the colour on the animal done and a small flower too. I was really happy with the outcome and I really love the colours so far.


Foo dog and peony Japanese tattoo sleeve by Diego Azaldegui

Foo dog and peony Japanese tattoo sleeve by Diego Azaldegui


No comments:

Post a Comment