8 September 2013

Hurt

Saturday 7th September 2013
3.5 Hours

"I focus on the pain, the only thing that's real, the needle tears a hole, the old familiar sting, try to kill it all away, but I remember everything" 
Nine Inch Nails (Hurt)

As well as this being some lyrics from a brilliant song by Nine Inch Nails it also pretty well describes what it's like getting tattooed on your back. I try to zone out and think of something else but really, all that's going through your mind is the pain.




I must admit I was a bit nervous about my second session on my back as the first session was a bit of a shock pain wise after the relative ease of the arms. I was finding the outlining particularly painful, especially as some of the lines are very thick and I knew there was still quite a lot of outlines to complete. 

Now here's the bit where I have a bit of a confession to make. I knew that I really couldn't deal with the pain from the waist down. The upper body I can just about do, but below the waist and especially on the ass cheeks was just brutal last time. So I cheated. I used some numbing cream for the first time ever. There I said it, I'm a big cheater. But you know what, I don't care because it worked. We applied the cream at the start of the session and wrapped it up in cling film as it takes a couple of hours to work so we started on the upper back and did a couple of hours before doing the lower part once it was numb. It was quite an odd sensation to be tattooed but not to be able to feel it, but at that point I wasn't complaining! I'm still going to do from the waist up the old fashioned 

Anyway, onto the actual design itself. We decided that it would be cool to add some flames around the halo to add some more interest and I'm really happy that we did. I think it looks awesome! We got quite a lot done in the session and it's really coming together nicely now. I can't wait to see how it looks after the next session.




No comments:

Post a Comment