7 December 2013

5th & 6th Session

Friday 15th November & Tuesday 3rd December 2013
8 Hours

Monju Bosatsu with foo dog Japanese back piece tattoo by Diego Azaldegui

Monju Bosatsu with foo dog Japanese back piece tattoo by Diego Azaldegui

Monju Bosatsu with foo dog Japanese back piece tattoo by Diego Azaldegui

Reference for the clothing

I've done another two sessions in fairly quick succession again so I've combined my blog posts again. It feels like we've achieved quite a lot in these last two sessions and it's all coming together quite well now. 

Session five involved putting all the outlines for the background in which is great because I can now see what the whole thing will look like as one coherent piece. I say it's great now, but at the time I must admit to being slightly filled with dread at the return of the outliner. There's something about the sound of an outliner buzzing away that just makes me nervous! I'll admit that outlines hurt me a lot, particularly on my back as the lines are quite thick so it was a relief when that bit was completed! Actually this whole session turned out to be quite a painful one. For some reason all areas seemed to be particularly sensitive on this occasion, but I got through it.

We also started colouring the clothing on the character. Diego suggested using a palette of blues for this based on a really nice old image he had. I really like the colours we chose and think it will look great when done. We talked about adding a pattern to the clothing in a darker blue at a later date which should be cool.

Session six seems to have made a big difference to the overall look. We did the halo behind the head, connected the background on my shoulders to my sleeves, coloured the jewellery and did some of the hair on the foo dog. Thankfully this session seemed a lot easier to deal with in terms of pain. I can't help think this might be partly to do with the fact we were chatting for the whole time. This is what I enjoy more than anything else about sessions with Diego.

It's going to be a while until I can do any more on this now as Diego is moving back to Argentina in about a week. He'll be coming back to the UK to carry on with projects every six months so it'll be some time in May before I can get any more done. I'm not sure how I'll cope without a tattoo session for six months. I think it's the longest period of time without a session since I started getting tattooed two years ago! I hope I don't get withdrawal symptoms. One thing I won't miss however is getting my butt tattooed. Having to sit down for the first few days after the session is pretty unpleasant! 




No comments:

Post a Comment